Friday, November 22, 2013

Silly Saturdays: Of opportunities and prospects

I keep thinking of writing Silly Saturdays without having Smera on my mind. But guess it’s tough when that’s the only thing I do, being a stay at home mom!

This week while getting out of school I saw Smera trying to catch hold of the magnetic door before it would close. The motherly instinct was absolutely sure that her fingers would be clasped between and I dashed to save her fingers. I couldn't save it, but in the process I dropped my phone. Forget the phone, I had a crying child to pacify, and thankfully she didn't get that badly hurt.

On reaching home I realised that my precious phone’s screen had broken. Devastated to realise that, I felt all the more bad, as I couldn't save her getting hurt and moreover the phone was broken. My Samsung Galaxy Note II, a gift from hubby was wrecked. I started crying, and I can cry even for no reason, but my little one felt really sad looking at me.



She put her little warm hands on my teary face and wiping them and saying in her gentlest voice, “Mamma don’t cry, it’s ok and you read a book and daddy will come soon!”. I was taken back by her maturity at the age of just 3, pacifying her silly mother. This was also the very first time I heard that gentle voice, I am by and large tuned to a lot of screaming and no’s in our usual conversations. Just kidding!

Feeling a little better, we got on with our usual stuff and then the door bell rings. It was hubby on the door, just as I opened the door and even before he put a step inside, she blurts out, “Daddy, mamma broke her phone, can you please scold her?”.

Call it being an opportunist or unscrupulous to get me into trouble, simultaneously trying to score some brownie points in her dad’s good books. Though I have to confess, it did lighten my mood a bit more.

That evening as me and the hubby sat down talking, we ended up discussing Smera’s career options. We mutually concluded that she could really have a good shot at Indian politics and maybe could even start a toddler’s wing of some political party! And for starters I have a name for her political party too SDP or Smera Dalbadlu Party! For those who do not understand Dalbadlu means one who deceives by double dealing! 

P.S. – The phone is fixed and was done in flat one hour thanks to the Samsung’s one-hour express service

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Let Aaliyah and Anya along with Smera be founding members of the party !!

      Delete
  2. can stop myself laughing...
    you have got a interesting life and (because of a) amazing child

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I do .. She's is fabulously notorious ... :D

      Delete
  3. haha...what a kid! one hour express service? is it only in dubai or in india also?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would have more than half the toddlers in the country in that party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be wonderful .. innocent, creative and energetic

      Delete
  5. That was so cute of her to complain. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Call it silly but it kind of makes me happy :D no wonder it has been posted in silly saturdays :D

      Delete
  6. Ha! That was ingenious! You do have a precocious one at hand. I am sure she was trying to preempt her father's perceived annoyance.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...