Sunday, September 18, 2011

Upset over a setback – Time to Step-Up



I have had another setback for me in the quest to get a full-time maid. Last week our part-time help told us that she wouldn’t be able to join us full in Jan. There we go again I thought - I had pinned my hopes on her to help me with Smera and the house. This leaves me with no other option but to start all over again.

It all feels like a set-up, as if someone upstairs is having a good laugh making me run around. After my initial anger over things such as why me, what next and pondering over whether it was a set-up or a set-back, I have decided to sit back and start over.

As of Friday, I have started on my search again, I need to call recruitment agencies, make frantic calls to my friends and family. And I started to think about the qualities that I would like to have in an ideal help

1.      Baby-friendly
2.      Honest
3.      Reliable
4.      Organised
5.      Self-sufficient

See, I didn't have to think too much list them down. These would be few of the adjectives I would use to describe our current help, Athiya. If only it was as easy to find someone like her…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...